Discover why there's no place like camp!
Since 1952 children and youth have experienced the wonders of the great outdoors along the shores of the Ottawa River at Camp Otonabee. Campers aged 4Y-16Y take part in traditional outdoor camp activities such as canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, team building, hiking, natural exploration, theme days, and swimming. Each camp program is designed with age-specific criteria, rooted in our five core Y values; honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, and inclusion. Campers leave Camp Otonabee with newfound skills, friends, confidence, and lasting memories.
An experience they will never forget!
Our experienced staff provide campers with the support, attention, and care they need while away from home. All staff are trained in first aid and CPR and lifeguards are nationally certified. Additionally, a Wellness Coordinator is always onsite to attend to campers’ medical needs. All staff must submit a police background check and complete an extensive training program.
Browse through our camp guide and select the camp program that is right for your child.
Camp Otonabee Resources
How to Register for Camp
Once you have browsed through our Camp Guide (PDF) and chosen the right camp for your child, you are ready to complete the registration process. There are two options for registration:
1. The easiest and quickest way to register for camp is by registering online:
- View step by step instructions on how to register for camps online (PDF).
- Search for Y camps and programs online.
- Learn how to set up your online account to register for camps.
2. You may also register in person or by email:
- Complete the Camp Registration Form (PDF).
- Email completed forms to Y Day Camps: email@example.com or deliver your completed forms in person at your local Y
Full payment is due at time of registration.
We are proud to offer supportive programs for participants with special needs and requirements. This program allows campers the opportunity to participate in camp our programs with additional counselor support, ensuring that their experience is a positive one. Each camper will be assessed independently and assigned, with the help of the camper’s family, a one to one or low ratio camper to counselor experience. Please note that space is limited. To learn more, please contact our camp office at 613-832-1234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the Y, we believe that every child should have the opportunity to experience camp. Thanks to the generous support of donors and various fundraising initiatives year-round, we are able to provide financial assistance for families who otherwise could not afford the experience for their children.
Click here to download a Financial Assistance Application Form (PDF).
For more information, call your local Y for Neighbourhood Day Camps or 613-832-1234 for Camp Otonabee.
Evelyne E. Laishley Campership Fund (Camp Otonabee only)
Through a generous legacy gift left by Evelyne E. Laishley (1913-2008), an annual camp sponsorship fund has been established to help underprivileged children and youth experience summer camp. Eligible participants can apply (through a sponsoring agency) for up to two weeks at the Y's Camp Otonabee. Please note that families who have accessed other Y camp sponsorship programs in the same season will not be eligible for additional support. This fund is offered in partnership with United Way/Centraide Ottawa.
Refunds and Transfers
- Refunds and transfers will be considered based on availability of program spaces and on a case-by-case basis. We will be flexible due to the current circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. If children are unable to attend due to any suspected symptoms, illness, or concerns, our refund policy will reflect the needs of the community.
- Parents can expect either a credit, refund, or options for donation. Please contact the camp office for more information at 613-832-1234 or email@example.com.
- There are no refunds for children who are asked to leave camp due to behavioural issues.
Extended Day Camp
Extended Day Camp (EDC) is available for our Day Campers to accommodate parents’/guardians’ schedules. Extended morning hours run from 7AM-9AM, and afternoon hours are 4PM-6PM. Additional charges apply.
At this time, EDC is only being offered at our Camp Otonabee location.
To Register for EDC, select the appropriate section when registering for camp programs.
Check out our Camp Otonabee in action!
(Click on an image below to enlarge)