Looking for work? We can help.
We understand the challenges of looking for a new job or transitioning careers, and we’re here to help. The expertise of our Y employment staff will help you learn everything you need to have a successful job search and develop a personalized plan that works for you.
With our Employment Services, you’ll receive personalized help with your resume, assistance in determining and achieving certifications to work in Ontario’s skilled trades, learn effective job searching techniques, and review potential job-matching opportunities. You can even explore subsidized placements or apprenticeship options. Our services are open to all and there is no fee to participate.
Our Services Include:
- Personalized employment consultation to help identify your goals and guide you through your job search.
- Connection to local employers in your field or related fields, with a possibility of subsidized placements.
- Assistance in determining licensing, certification and credential assessment pathways, including everything you’ll need to build your future in Ontario’s skilled trades.
- Help understanding the local labour market, your rights as a worker and Canadian workplace culture.
- Help building a professional resume and cover letter.
- Comprehensive job interview preparation.
- Information on training, apprenticeships, community supports and job postings.
- Free access to computers, photocopier, printer, fax, internet and Wi-Fi.
- Free virtual or in-person workshops available to help you gain the skills you need to find your next job.
- Information and support applying to participate in the Y’s Pre-Employment & Skills Training Programs.