Virtual information sessions to help you settle into your new life in Ottawa.
The Y Newcomer Information Centre is pleased to offer a free series of webinars for newcomers settling in the Ottawa area. Webinars include how-to guides on employment, housing, schooling, parenting, community awareness and so much more!
The webinar series includes the following topics:
- Your Community in Ottawa: Canadian culture, and recreational and support services available in the community
- Your Home in Ottawa: Searching for properties, by-laws, and being a good neighbour
- Your Family in Ottawa: Rights, responsibilities, safety, and the role of police
- Your Job in Ottawa: Finding your first job and work place culture
- Your Schooling in Ottawa: School and the bus system
- Your Health in Ottawa: Health cards and the Ontario health care system
- Your Commute in Ottawa: Public transportation and driving
- Your Finances in Ottawa: Practical guidelines on money matters and financial literacy
Each webinar is available for on-demand viewing.